For when I forget how I make my sourdough bread.
Assumes you already have 200g of sourdough starter.
Create 2 half sourdough portions of current batch, each 100g.
For each halve:
- Add 50g water, and mix.
- Add 10g whole wheat rye flour (volkoren roggemeel).
- Add 40g whole wheat flour (volkoren tarwemeel).
Cover both with a damp cloth and wait until the sourdough has doubled in volume (3-4 hours).
Close off one portion and place in fridge. Good for at least a week.
Making a bread
- Add 200g water to the sourdough and mix.
- Add 400g of flour, using white flour (tarwemeel/patentbloem) and/or whole wheat flour (volkoren tarwemeel).
- If using 200g whole wheat flour (combined with 200g of white flour), add another 50g water.
- Add 10g salt.
- If you’d like, you can upgrade it here by adding things such as sunflower seeds, walnuts, carrot, etc.
- Knead until it is beautiful
- Cover with a damp cloth for 1 hour.
- Fold dough onto itself several times.
- Cover with a damp cloth for at least 8 hours.
- Place dough on baking paper into a steel pot. (I already place the dough in the pot during the previous step)
- Cover with a bit of flour.
- Here you may also augment the bread by topping it with various seeds/nuts
- Make one or two cuts to prevent the bread from ripping in a random place
- Place in preheated convection oven (no top/bottom heat) for 30 min. at 230C.
- Leave to cool in a cloth.
- When cooled, cut into pieces and place in a plastic bag in the freezer. Or eat fast.
Good luck Federico! ;)